Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving...Missed Opportunity

I just love how Thanksgiving has been so commercialized, just like the rest of our holidays.  Oh wait that hasn't happened.  How has this not happened?  There are no gifts, no I want this, I want this.  No made up characters to go visit in the mall.  I don't even know of Hallmark Thanksgiving cards.  Americans have dropped the ball on this one.  Certainly there must be a way to make money on Thanksgiving.

Maybe I could dress up as a giant turkey and sit in the mall and charge parents $49 to traumatize their children, they could sit on my wings and tell me what kind of pie they wanted for dessert.  But instead all we get on Thanksgiving is family and food.  What a rip off.  This seems like a perfect day for someone to give me presents.  I can think of plenty of thinks to want...Oh Thanksgiving... being thankful, right, so getting presents that defeats the purpose.

Well I guess we are stuck at home enjoying time with family, friends, and a great meal.  I guess since we won't be getting anything new under the Thanksgiving Bush, I will think of the reasons I'm thankful for what I already have.

I decided, I like this holiday, I might even say its my favorite, even without a fictional character, presents, and Hallmark Cards.  Just a time to be THANKFUL, a time to enjoy family.  Thursday enjoy the lack of commercialization, I know its not something we are use to, but try to just enjoy the people you get to spend this holiday with.  If you are traveling I pray for safe travels and a blessed time with your family.  Happy Thanksgiving.

How will you be spending the Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment