Thursday, November 21, 2013

Where's The Gap?

Is the life you envision the life you're living?  For those of you that have visited my website you see this tag line at the top of each page.  It's really the basis for the message here and the message of Narrow Gate Coaching.  Allowing people to ask themselves that question.  Are you dreaming of something more in your life?

Most of us have gaps in our lives, some of us do something to close the gap, others let it grow to a canyon.  My gap existed in my professional life last year.  I was feeling really frustrated with the work I was doing and wrestling with whether my life was really having the impact I wanted it to.  I actually began a casual job search and started putting my resume together.  I came across life coaching and leadership coaching and started taking some classes.  The strategies and concepts I learned have helped me close that gap.  I discovered I could start applying these coaching strategies to my classroom and help students develop clear goals for their year in my room and a clear vision for their lives.

I launched a business where I can share this message of not accepting average and being driven by passion and purpose through speaking and coaching groups and individuals.  These actions have helped close that gap and allowed me to feel more fulfilled and purposeful in my life.

The first step for me was being aware of this gap and being willing to do some things differently to close those gaps.  Today, consider areas of your life you would like to look differently.  On the journey for something different, the journey through the Narrow Gate; step one is being aware of where you are today and deciding the direction you would like move in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment