Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Failing Forward

Failure, what an ugly word in our language-never a word you want to hear attached to you or anyone close to you.  But here's the thing, no matter what you do, or who you are, failure is a part of your life. (If not let me know your secrets)

Failure can be, though, an opportunity to continue to push forward, unless it's not.  Its easy to be faced with failure and quit, I see people do it all the time.  "This is too hard"  "I can't do this"  "It's too much"  "I'm too busy"  If you're like me you've used one of these as an excuse before, and you gave up on something, or even worse never tried.  You let yourself fall short of your goal.  And if you're really good, you probably convinced yourself that what you did was enough, close enough to the goal to be satisfactory.

As I work to develop the message of  Narrow Gate Coaching, I run into obstacles and I fail repeatedly.  As I build the concepts of the message I want to share with people, I fail.  Each of these failures is a chance to try again, an opportunity to learn and do it better the next time.

Some failure is paralyzing it stops us in our tracks, it's often even the fear of failure that can prevent us from beginning down a path to a "different life" or on the pursuit of a dream.  For a long time I waited to pursue sharing this message of a Different Life, I thought why would anyone want to hear what I have to say, or care about what I know.  I let doubt and fear shape my pursuit.

Today, I attempt to embrace failure.  Today, I look at failure as a learning experience.  Today, you are invited to fail with me, in pursuit of something special-The Narrow Gate and being able to say proudly, "I'm BDL...Bout a Different Life."


No comments:

Post a Comment