Thursday, December 19, 2013

This team isn't about YOU...

Take a look at what is written above each of these girls.
The result of TEAM...State Champs
Being on a team, means you don't get your way.  It means you don't get to do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it.  Being on a team is about sacrifice, giving up your own selfishness for the greater good.  The good of the team.

I heard a swimmer tell their head coach today, "I'll just quit the team if I have to do that."  As I thought about this statement, I began to realize that they really aren't a part of the team.  They are a swimmer, but not part of the team.  They miss more practice than they attend.  Every meet they try to get out of swimming. Yes you have a cap, goggles and bathing suit, but you're missing one of the key ingredients of being a member of the team...Sacrifice.

Team is about a unit of people working together for one single goal or multiple goals.  That means when I don't feel like showing up, I do, because my teammates are counting on me.

I like to think that my wife and I work pretty well together.  We can both count on each other to be there, to show up for each other.  I know she is going to be there for me and so in return I want to make sure I show up for her.  If she never knew if I would show up places, or couldn't count on me to pick the kids up when I was suppose to, there would be a pretty serious break down on our team.  We would have less wins than losses.

I thank my wife for her sacrifice to be a part of our team.  Today think about the teams you are a part of. What sacrifices can you make to help those teams?  What are you willing to give up for the good of the team?

Can I help your team click here
Get "Bout a Different Life" sent to e-mail click here
Follow Ryan on Twitter @ryngaskill

By the way, the girls pictured graduated and were always a part of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment