Saturday, December 28, 2013

BDL in 2013

I decided it would be fun to recap 2013.  It has been a year of new steps for me and I'm excited to continue to move forward on these projects.  I started this blog to share insights I have learned through years of settling for average and seeing other people do the same.

I believe for the most part, most people don't see themselves as awesome.  We come from a culture that paints a pretty skewed picture of awesome.  I watch too many people settle for average.  I wanted to share a different view of awesome.  I want to help you discover your awesome.

So here is my top 5 lessons from the last 2 months of Bout a Different Life(the links will take you to those specific entries.

1.  Words are powerful
     Your words are powerful.  They encourage or discourage.  You speak life into people or crush them with your words of negativity.

2.  Lead from your place
     We are all in different places in our life.  There are a lot of people who believe they can't lead because they are not in an official position of leadership.  You can lead and be different and be awesome where ever you are.

3.  Be Thankful for tough times  (also here)
     It is hard to see the lesson, or see the good in our struggles.  It is consistently true that our struggles and our obstacles shape us in a way that easy street can't.  I know we would like for life to just happen to not have to work at awesome, but it doesn't work that way.  Awesome comes with a price, different takes the long way home.  Enjoy the struggle, it makes you stronger.

4.  Simply Start
     You won't be different, you won't be awesome if you don't start trying to be.  You can hope for greatness, you can dream about it every night, but until you decide you are going to take action it will elude you.  Don't worry about how it is going to turn out.  It will turn out better than if you just dream about it.

5.  Say No
     Sometimes we have to say, "No."  If you don't, if you refuse to say no to things, you will overwhelm yourself.  You won't be able to put as much time as you need to into your greatness.

These are a few of the lessons I wrote about in 2013.

I am excited to have had the opportunity to share with you.  I'm thankful for those of you who have reached out to me and let me know you were reading and offer advice and encouragement.

I have launched a coaching business to take off in 2014.  I am doing something "Different"  I am letting you value working with me.  If you are interested in closing the gap between the life you live and the life you envision, contact me and you decide what it's worth to you.

I will be launching "26 Fridays" a 6 month workshop that will help you gain clarity on your vision and purpose and help you create an action plan to begin moving forward.

I will be hosting a 4 week seminar for high school students to encourage them to "Avoid Average" and help them become clear on their passion and create a plan of action.

As always I appreciate you sharing my blog and following me on twitter @ryngaskill

Happy New Year,
Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment