Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Power of "NO"

My wife and I have been trying to teach our youngest daughter sometimes NO is going to be the answer.  We are working on her reaction to hearing "NO."  Sometimes she throws a fit and cries when she doesn't get her way.  She may have learned it from me, I'm not sure.

I tend to think this is because we haven't said it enough.  We are quick to say "Yes."  This doesn't just apply to our children, but to other areas of our lives as well. 

The word No is powerful it is taking a stand for yourself and what you believe is important.  Too often I get caught saying yes to things that take time away from my goals and passions. 

This year one of my goals is to eliminate some of the things I'm not giving 100% to, so I can give 100% to the areas I am passionate about.

What is it in your life you need to say no to?  This year be "bout a different life" and chase after your passions.  You might have to say "No" to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment