Monday, December 2, 2013

Simplify? Pursue?...Both?

December has arrived, the Christmas season is here-filled with commitments and stress.  I seem to always get myself overwhelmed during this holiday season.  There is a ton going on, my coaching season is kicking into high gear, along with a number of different activities for my wife and kids.

 I'm reminded of the "one word challenge" from a Fellowship of Christian Athletes devotional I read a couple years ago.  The concept was to choose one word at the start of the new year and let that word be your theme of the year.

As I move into this busy season of Christmas and New Years, I have two words in mind, simplify and pursue.  Looking at the words they seem very different.  Simplify, defined as-to make less complex or complicated.  Pursue, defined as-to strive to gain, seek to attain or accomplish; also to carry on or continue.

Thinking of the direction of my life and my vision for my life these two words come to mind.  Combining them I can see SIMPLIFYING life as getting rid of some of the excess and the distractions, to PURSUE what is really important.

Only you can define the importance of things in your life.  This Christmas season continue to Be "Bout a Different Life" and PURSUE the Narrow Gate.

Share some ways you would like to simplify your life moving into 2014?  And things you would like to pursue?

No comments:

Post a Comment